Director of Marketing
Jelli’s mission is to become the audio advertising platform globally.
We love radio, audio and music. Join us as we transform an industry by introducing technology that helps radio advertising become as efficient and easy to buy as Digital. We have created innovations that give advertisers, networks and radio stations a fully automated programmatic way to buy and run audio ads.
Industry analyst firm IDC has forecasted U.S. broadcast radio buys placed programmatically are expected to amount to $187.5 million in 2016, or about 1% of industry revenue. By 2017, $663 million in radio buys will be transacted this way, reaching $1.5 billion in 2018 and $2.7 billion in 2019. By 2020, roughly one of every five radio dollars will be booked programmatically or about $4 billion. Jelli is the first and only fully automated programmatic solution for this market and is positioned for market dominance and hyper-growth.
Jelli is seeking a high-energy, business-savvy leader with natural marketing instincts to join our team as the Director of Marketing. Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, you’ll be responsible for leading all Demand Side marketing activities, developing strategies to increase awareness, acceptance and adoption of our platform. This role will work closely with all aspects of the team including Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, Business Development, and Supply Side Partner Management.
The ideal candidate has B2B and/or technology product marketing experience in the advertising technology industry. The candidate must possess a strong track record for efficiently executing growth and go-to-market strategies and crafting compelling narratives for sales materials. The perfect candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a can do attitude, must be willing to roll up their sleeves and want to be part of the transformation the Radio Industry.
- Lead overall marketing strategy
- Manages, develops, and implements marketing activities to maximize adoption of Jelli’s Demand Side Platform (DSP)
- Create materials that support product positioning, value proposition, and benefits for product releases globally
- Drive product messaging, as well as key features and benefits through white papers, case studies, presentations and sales collateral.
- Develop the marketing process including inbound, outbound and demand generation and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Collaborate with sales, channel partners and product teams to guide a unified approach to messaging and positioning that meets market demands
- Design and implement promotional campaigns
- Plan and organize marketing functions (PR, social ambassador, corporate communications) and operations (messaging, branding, communications, etc)
- Promote the company at industry events globally by creating and delivering compelling content
- Define effective and measurable marketing strategies (metrics, tracking engagement, etc) to support the company’s overall objectives.
- Help build a high-performing team of marketing professionals
- Evangelize and promote the product externally to industry thought leaders and strategic partners, as well as communicating market needs internally.
- Drive GTM marketing programs with events demand generation, and field marketing to help develop pipeline, accelerate deals, and enable product awareness.
- Demonstrated success utilizing metrics to drive sales performance
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to translate complex concepts into simple and compelling marketing messages
- Deep understanding of the advertising technology space
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering results within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Solution-oriented with ability to structure complex issues
- Applies technical/analytical marketing techniques and uses data for decision-making Is hands-on, and committed to exceptional output
- Player-coach required – Must be enthusiastic about developing the marketing strategy, but also rolling up your sleeves to execute against it.
- Min 5-7 years of marketing experience in a leadership role in a B2B marketing for a technology company
- Worked in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment
- Domain knowledge of advertising agencies and programmatic advertising
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is preferred but not required
- Location: San Mateo, CA
When we win, we win together. That is why we created an environment where you can have the flexibility you need in order to create balance with your work, your passions, and people you love.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Awesome Monthly Activities
- And More!
Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest to email@example.com with the subject line Director of Marketing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.