Jelli’s SpotPlan® Platform Brings New Money to Radio
Jelli announces milestones for its self-service buying platform SpotPlan® at the annual NAB Radio Show as it launches into general release.
SAN MATEO, CA., September 20, 2016 – Jelli (www.jelli.com), the technology that powers the programmatic platforms for the $40 billion global radio industry, shares today new metrics about its programmatic radio self-service buying platform, SpotPlan®, including data demonstrating that it is successfully bringing new advertising budgets to radio. In addition, the company announced that SpotPlan will now be available for general release after a successful early access program with new customers adopting the technology.
“An important goal for SpotPlan is to enable radio to tap into digital advertising budgets while empowering marketers to use the medium in ways that are as easy and effective as buying digital. We’re proud to share that this has been a breakout success so far,” said Mike Dougherty, co-founder and CEO of Jelli.
Since its launch, SpotPlan has enabled ‘new money’ to be spent on radio. This spending was shifted by marketers from their digital budgets, as marketers tapped the algorithmic efficiency, automation, speed, reporting and advanced data to target consumers via the Jelli platform. With the general release of SpotPlan, more than 125 agencies or marketers have contacted Jelli to gain access to the platform.
Via partnerships with the leading programmatic marketplaces, including iHeartMedia’s Private Network and Expressway from Katz, the first industry-wide programmatic buying ad exchange at scale for the radio industry’s most important players, Jelli’s SpotPlan has access to a massive footprint, significantly larger than any other programmatic radio technology platform in terms of audience scale, market and station coverage and volume usage.
- Largest audience reach of greater than 245 million people a month and 37% listening share of radio listeners in the United States.
- Largest footprint of live programmatic stations with 1,509 stations having integrated Jelli technology with an average of 13 stations per market in the Top 50 markets including 99 #1 stations.
- Strongest market coverage with presence in all Top 50 markets and 198 of the Top 200 markets
- Most inventory to buy with hundreds of millions of dollars of inventory provisioned in the programmatic marketplaces of Jelli’s broadcast partners, including more than 65 billion impressions and 16 million spots.
In addition to scale, ad buyers have embraced SpotPlan:
- Customers involved in the launch include the top agencies Starcom, Mediavest | Spark, Dentsu Aegis Network, Horizon Media, Havas Media, IPG Mediabrands and Varick Media Management, collectively representing approximately $1 billion of radio ad spend in the United States every year.
- The speed of buying through SpotPlan was evident, as the average plan took Jelli’s algorithm 2.8 seconds to calculate versus days/weeks using the normal RFP model.
- First agency buy was completed using enhanced targeting data ran and reached 43 million targeted customers across two campaigns.
“We believe in programmatic tools and have built our entire company on being more efficient in buying through the use of sophisticated DSPs,” said Bill Ross, CEO at TargetonStar.” Jelli has allowed us to add broadcast radio to our media mix and as a result, we were able to go from purchase to on air in less than 48 hours.”
How SpotPlan Works
SpotPlan allows users to be even more efficient in planning and buying radio, leveraging advanced technology to create new plans which dramatically increase the value delivered from an advertiser’s investment in Radio. SpotPlan has access to live, premium inventory, end-to-end automation that allows for increased compliance, real-time reporting, and the ability to target programmatic audience cohorts for behavioral and intent-based categories.
Some of the benefits of using SpotPlan include:
- Algorithms that build highly efficient optimized plans.
- Automated delivery and real-time reporting.
- Advanced data driven targeting powered by first and third party data sets.
Availability of SpotPlan
SpotPlan is available immediately. If you’re interested in learning more about SpotPlan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Jelli’s SpotPlan please visit http://www.www.jelli.com.
Jelli is the largest technology platform for the $40 billion global audio advertising market. Our mission is to create the easiest and fastest way to buy and run audio advertising. We’ve developed a cloud platform that transforms audio advertising, enabling advertisers and publishers to buy and sell audio advertising programmatically through a suite of demand-side and supply-side services. Jelli’s patented platform is used by some of the largest broadcasters and advertisers in the audio marketplace, reaching hundreds of millions of people monthly and serving billions of audio ads.
Launched in 2009, we are based in San Mateo, California. Our investors include Relay Ventures, Intel Capital, First Round Capital, iHeartMedia, Universal Music Group and several prominent angel investors.